Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 3 minutes
Yields: 2 servings
1 ½ cup Crystal Geyser Lemon Sparkling Water
1 lemon (cut into wedges)
5-10 fresh basil leaves
1 serrano or jalapeno pepper (cut into half and de-seeded)
¼ cup water
¼ cup sugar
2 oz bourbon (optional)*
- In a medium saucepan combine sugar and water. Bring to a boil, add basil leaves, stirring, until sugar has dissolved for 2 minutes. Allow to cool. Set aside the basil syrup.
- In a mixing glass, add the pepper, 4-5 lemon wedges, 4-5 basil leaves along with 4 ounces of basil syrup and muddle until the juices are extracted from the pepper and lemon.
- In a two tall glass, add ice cubes, strain the muddled mixture over ice to each glass.
- Fill each glass with Crystal Geyser Lemon Sparkling Water, garnish with basil leaves, lemon slices and whole chili and serve immediately.
- Add 2oz bourbon to this drink to make it as alcoholic version.