Winter blues getting you down? Are you ready for flip flops, sand, and sunshine? Or are you happy to put on your rain or snow boots and thermals to stomp around in this winter wonderland? Whatever your mood, the end of winter can often leave us feeling a little stir crazy. Here are 13 ways to add a little challenge and adventure to ward off the winter blues before welcoming spring.
Love the snow?
- Go sledding with friends and family.
- Rent some snowshoes and go snowshoeing.
- Go cross-country skiing.
- Build a fort and have a snowball fight – or buy a snow block maker and build an igloo.
- Take your camera and head out on a photo expedition to capture winter’s beauty.
Love the rain
- Get those rainboots on and go stomping in the puddles – it’s liberating to embrace the water. Go ahead and sing your heart out!
- Feed the birds – smaller birds tend to hide from the rain, but they still need to eat. Get some seeds and take them to a well-visited bird location in your neighborhood and share them with our avian friends.
- Set out pails to collect water – use the water for your indoor plants. Make a game of it and see who can catch the most water.
Rather stay indoors?
- Try a 1,000 puzzle – invite your family to help.
- Get out the Monopoly game.
- Clean out the closets and toy boxes and make a donation to a local charity.
- Host a movie marathon. Pick a decade or a theme.
- Bake or cook some of your favorite recipes – or try something new!
As always, make your day sparkle with some bubbly Crystal Geyser Sparkling Water. Drink it out of the bottle, pour it over ice, or mix it with your favorite juice or spirit. Cheers to winter fun however you enjoy it!